If there's one thing we take seriously at Holy Grail it's elevating the steakhouse experience. Cooking at home doesn't have to be difficult but it should most certainly allow you to be creative.
Filet mignon is one of our most popular cuts especially around Valentine's Day. Pair a filet with bacon and you're about to create a bite so delicious you won't be able to avoid letting out a few "oohs and ahhs" at the table. The good news is you won't have to hold back your excitement when dining at home.
For our filet we recommend our Santa Carota Prestige Carrot Fed Filet Mignon. Low in saturated fat and full of flavor, it is the perfect counter balance to the Mangalitsa Smoked Loin Bacon you'll be wrapping your filet with.
If you find yourself inspired by this recipe tag us on Instagram @holygrailsteak and use hashtag #TheArtOfSteak for a chance to be featured on our page.
Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon Ingredients
2 Santa Carota Prestige Filet Mignons, thawed at room temperature
6 slices Mangalitsa Smoked Loin Bacon
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
Salt and pepper, to taste
*2 pieces of string or toothpicks
Fresh thyme, for garnish
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Filet Mignon
- Remove steak from fridge about 45 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Liberally season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Wrap 3 slices of bacon around each filet and secure using either toothpicks or string.
- Heat up your skillet with olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Sear steak on both sides, about 4 minutes each.
- Remove from skillet and place filets in an oven safe baking dish. Immediately place in the oven and set a timer for 7 minutes.
- Check doneness at 7 minutes and increase time for desired temperature.
- We recommend cooking them to Medium rare, 130-135F internal temperature.
- Remove filet from skillet and let rest for 5 minutes.
Below is how your filet should look! Look at how crispy that bacon is, with a perfect sear on the outside and the perfect temp on the inside.
Serve this with your favorite steakhouse side dishes and you'll be on your way to steak nirvana in no time.